Position: Project Manager (Thessaloniki Solidarity Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and supervising the implementation of the project activities in close cooperation with the key project staff, HQs team and partners, in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs;
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project plans and monitoring processes and results achieved against the project indicators.
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables;
- Responsible for submitting activity reports.
- Lead and motivate the team and monitor activities and coordinate work.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis
- Performing any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
- Assists the Thessaloniki team with the overall planning of assigned project’s activities;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- At least 5 year practical experience in humanitarian response
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian process
- Proven understanding and experience of advocacy and policy change work within a humanitarian context
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative
- Cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN TSC Project Manager”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Wednesday 7th of June 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.