Position: Protection Officer (2 positions, 1 social 1 legal) coordinates
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
The Protection Officer (2 positions, 1 social 1 legal) coordinates with Team Coordinator and HQ for program implementation with the objective of providing timely and effective protection to populations of concern.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct mapping of population under supervision of senior protection officer
- Liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents to persons of concern (civil documentation)
- Manage or refers to individual protection cases to Senior protection officer
- Develop a response protection plan (social plan/ legal plan)
- Identify protection gaps and interventions and refers to respective reporting line accordingly
- Implements Protection Strategy under the supervision of Senior Protection Officer
- Ensure systematic application of and adherence to all quality standards and protection policies under the supervision of Senior Protection Officer
- Conduct needs assessment of PoC under supervision of senior protection officer
- Screen protection related cases under supervision of senior protection officer
- Monitor and report incidents and issues related to the culturally sensitive placement/cohabitation of hosted population to the Senior protection officer
- Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among populations of concern, authorities, and host communities.
- Support persons of concern to facilitate community based approaches to protection in humanitarian work
- Provide legal advice and guidance on protection issues to persons of concern in close cooperation with senior protection officer
- Ensure legal assistance is accessible to persons of concern;
Field of education: Bachelor and/or Masters Degree in Law, International Law, Political Sciences, or related field • Good knowledge of International Refugee and Human Rights Law
- Adaptation to specific working conditions
- Capacity to work under high pressure
- Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills are very important
- Able to work in harsh, unstable and difficult conditions, independently and in a team
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people of different cultural backgrounds
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show initiative and take responsibility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programmes
- Fluency in English
- Arabic/ Farsi is desirable
- At least two years in protection related position
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Protection Officer_Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Application will be considered until March 20th, 2017
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.