Position: Safety Security Officer – Procurement
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder does not have contact with children|
Be directly in charge of Safety and Security of SN’s teams and beneficiaries in camps and premises, creating and following up necessary infrastructure. Identify procurement needs for the categories handling, review purchase requisitions, award supplier tenders and supervise the performance of contractors. Ensure all purchases are consistent with the needs of the organization and are done through transparent and efficient processes based on the organization’s Procurement Policy.
- Issue Safety and Security policy, plan and implement all necessary actions (vulnerability studies, risk assessments, acceptance strategies, evacuation drills, contingency plans, safety and security reporting system etc) to ensure all SN’s teams and beneficiaries in camps and premises operate according to SN’s standards.
- Coordinate necessary trainings, set KPIs, perform Audits to identify gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Alert organization when a new risk/need arises concerning overall safety and security.
- Ensure that security planning becomes an integral part of day-to-day operations and is integrated into the development of future programs.
- Represent SN and coordinate amongst actors (IOM, UN, Ministry of Migration , NGOs) on all matters pertaining to safety and security.
- Develop contingency plans for incidents management events
- Select most efficient suppliers/perform tenders for the categories handling, negotiate and evaluate offers, based on the current Procurement Policy.
- Collaborate with other procurement officers in the procurement department to examine the bids and select the most competitive supplier.
- Negotiate and payment conditions with the supplier, in order for the organization to enter into contracts that meet its strategic goals.
- If the supplier violates the terms of the supply agreement – perhaps he regularly makes late deliveries – the officer may initiate a contract termination process.
Skills & Qualifications
Independent worker, team player, leadership skills, able to perform trainings and gain respect and attention from all stakeholders (SN’s employees and collaborators, donors, suppliers, etc), Very good interpersonal and Communication skills, Trustworthy, Committed, Easily adapted and flexible, Able to function in a diverse and multiculti environment, Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills.
- BA in relevant field.
- Experience in Safety and Security standards and legislation, knowledge of relevant laws and European best practices
- Humanitarian aid experience, Knowledge of Humanitarian /Human rights / Refugee Law will be strong assets
- English mandatory, any additional language will be a plus.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN Safety Security Officer – Procurement ”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date: February 22nd 2019
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply