Job Title: Senior Education Officer
Submit until: 01/09/2019
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Implement after-school educational activities, including Greek language classes, per the refugee population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups of teenagers and children
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of educational projects
- Supervise other teachers and provide support to them in line with program objectives
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities
- Communicate with donor and file corresponding reports
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid
- Excellent Greek and English
- Degree – Bachelor degree in education (any subject) or Greek
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
- At least 2 years of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities
- Experience teaching Greek as a foreign language
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, September 01st, 2019, mentioning in the email subject “Senior Education Officer_Vagiochori”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by Sunday, September 01st 2019.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.