Job title: Senior Educational Officer (Greek language)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
|Level 3||the job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Provide after-school educational activities, including Greek language classes, according to refugee and migrant population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups of children and youth
- Provide homework support to children attending formal education
- Oversee distribution of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support educational, recreational and other psychosocial activities
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and respond to students’ needs
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate referrals to available support
- Communicate with management, draft and submit project reports
- Supervise other teachers and provide support to them in line with project objectives
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of all educational activities
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Education (any subject) or Greek Language and Literature
Excellent Greek and English
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Intercultural Education or Teaching Greek as a second/foreign language will be preferred
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Native in Greek and preferably English
- At least 2 years of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities
- Previous experience with humanitarian/human rights’ NGO will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in managing educational programs and mainly primary education projects
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 29, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Senior Educational Officer (Greek Language) _THIVA”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.