Location: Athens (Acharnon)
Position: Social Scientist
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
Main Duties & Responsibilities
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to refugees.
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Accompany beneficiaries to various services when needed.
Data base and Case related info management
- Complete and maintain brief and Full Social History
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organise group activities for beneficiaries aiming towards their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Qualifications & skills
- University degree from an accredited academic in Humanities or Social Sciences;
- Experience in social work within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Confidence with IT tools and software;
- Ability to work unsupervised and at flexible working schedules;
- Ability to troubleshoot and ease potential tensions between the project’s beneficiaries;
- Ability to perform fact finding tasks; clearly articulate results in a fair and balanced way;
- Strong communication skills;
- Basic knowledge of humanitarian sector and stakeholders in Athens;
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Understanding and speaking of Arabic, Farsi, Dari; or Kurdish
- Awareness of the cultural background of Arabic speaking and Asian (i.e. Afghani, Arabic, Iranian) populations, in the context of the current people on the move emergency.
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Friday 27th October, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “Social Scientist_Athens”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.