Position: Social Worker (Thessaloniki Solidarity Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to provide psychosocial support, assess the needs, ensure proper case management for beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available.
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to all.
- Assess needs of beneficiaries and develop an intervention/pathway plan ensuring.
- Special needs of most vulnerable are identified and addressed
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of TSC Premises
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid
- Perform occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries
Data base and Case related info management
- Brief and full social history taking
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case plan for beneficiaries
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Social Workers Degree
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- 3 years’ experience in Relevant Position
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Well-organized and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Computer literate & numerate
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Working Experience in Social Service, entry points, Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population.
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com Thursday, April 29th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “TSC_Social Worker”
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.