Position: Supply Chain Officer
Under the supervision of the Head of Operations and Supply Chain Coordinator, the Supply Chain officer supports the Procurement Unit in the efficient procurement of goods and services within the organization as also manage all assets of the organization. He/ She supports the Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that project procurement procedures are compliant and conducted according to the procurement policies and procedures and donor funded procurement guidelines.
Location: Athens (Nationwide Travel might be requested)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
As Supply Chain Officer you may be placed in the following roles:
- Advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares and distribute tender invitations /conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations
- Plan innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly-planned ones
- Conducts market research to keep abreast of market developments
- Maintaining a supplier database
- Participates in negotiations with senior supplier representatives; prepare procurement orders
- Ensuring suppliers deliver on their commitments
- Support with preparation of monthly ‘Procurement Report’ and keeping an up-to-date procurement tracker
- Ensuring routine payments are made in a timely manner – i.e. leases, supplier payments, etc.
- Support in preparation of contracts for works, goods and ervices
- Ensuring physical filing of all procurement documents is up-to-date and easily accessible. Ensuring also that all signed procurement documents are scanned and filed in a clear and systematic manner
- Recommends amendments and extensions of contracts to the Ops Dpt
- Ensure systematic process of transporting items from suppliers to field locations, ensuring full control of movement and receipt of items
- Prepare weekly logistics reports for supervisor containing current developments, achievements, and working plans for the following week
- Working closely with the Supply Chain Coordinator on the most efficient and appropriate procurement, ensuring it is cost effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure and the need for timely delivery
Asset / Inventory:
- Help ensuring that standard SN asset and inventory management procedures are adhered to
- Assist in maintaining an accurate asset and inventory tracker and supporting field logistics teams to do the same
- Maintaining sign out sheets for commonly used assets
- Ensuring that all assets are accompanied by accountability forms and users are held accountable for the assets assigned to them
- Tagging of all inventory and assets
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or similar level qualification
- At least 2 years work experience in procurement, contract management; contract administration or logistics and supply chain management
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in standard office computer applications and databases such as; MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Knowledge of computerized procurement systems will be an added advantage.
- Ability to multitask, think creatively and work with little supervision in an often-stressful environment
- Ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills
- Working experience in logistics and procurement management within NGOs or IOs’ and experience in working in a diverse team in an often-stressful environment.
- Knowledge of donor guidelines and regulations, compliance requirements and procedures (UNHCR, ECHO).
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Supply Chain Officer_Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Tuesday 20th of February 2018. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.