Position: Supply Log Assistant
Location: Thessaloniki, Blue Refugee Center
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Supply Log Assistant is expected to support the necessary processes which are related to the administrative, logistics or supply aspects for programs organized or supported by SolidarityNow.
Child Safeguarding Policy
The job holder will have no contact with children.
Supply Chain & Logistics Director
· Organization’s official Buyer, purchasing goods and services according to internal Procurement Policies and Procedures
· Assists in all administrative and logistic aspects of SolidarityNow projects
Responsibilities and Duties
· 360 follow-up of the categories of purchases of goods and services she/he is assigned to by the organization.
· Performs market researches.
· Evaluates offers both quantitatively and qualitatively and cooperates effectively with suppliers.
· Negotiates with suppliers.
· Issues invoices and purchase orders and signs Goods Receipt Notes.
· Communicates internally and externally with all stakeholders (with departments requesting the purchase, lawyers, vendors/suppliers).
· Maintains and reviews all relevant records in a meticulous way.
· Ensures that the cooperation between the involved departments (logistics, finance) runs efficiently: participate and follow up on a transparent procurement requests/offer system in cooperation with HQs and other field staff.
· University Degree (any technical university degree, BA either in Supply Chain Management or in Business Administration).
· Fluent in English.
· Strong IT skills.
· At least 3 years of experience preferably in an NGO context.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
· Deep understanding of NGOs needs and funding.
· Multi-tasking, with an ability to work under tight deadlines and within constraints.
· Results oriented.
· Familiar with market and its functions.
· Active listener, able to understand information and requirements and to explain policies and procedures in simple terms.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Good prioritization skills and flexibility.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning in the email subject “BRC_ Supply Log Assistant”.
Not later than by 7th of June 2019. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.