Volunteer Position | Position title: Reception Officer
Place of work: Athens Solidarity Center (ASC)
Hours required: 4-5 hours (09:00-13:00 or 09:00-14:00)
Days required: 5 days/week
Job purpose: Reception officer should welcome people and inform them about the services provided in ASC (Social service, Legal aid, Psychological Support, Employability service, Accounting services) according to the request of each one of the people.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Information given to new beneficiaries about the services of ASC (SN & other partners such as Network for Children’s Rights)
- Data entry & administration of the database, as regards basic information for their registration including full name, age, date of birth
- Printing of ASC cards with a unique sequential SN code for each one of the beneficiaries
- First Guidance (Referrals) to other NGO’s for those people, whom their requests cannot be assisted by our services
- Efficient management of the interpreters, in order all services to receive assistance in the interpretation when needed.
- Keeping notes of contact details of those beneficiaries whose requests are in progress and they want to check progress of their cases and/or book a new appointment.
- Registration of first-time requests for the employability and accounting service (photocopy of official document I.D. passport, asylum card, residence permit, along with telephone number and address of the beneficiary)
Minimum level of Education: University degree preferably in Social & Political Sciences
Skills/qualifications required (technical skills, language skills, experience, etc.):
Languages: Greek necessarily & English – French (desirable)
Previous experience in other NGOs and specifically in a similar position. Volunteer must have excellent communications skills, be organizational, methodical and paying attention to details.
Physical requirements: No specific physical requirements.
What is to be gained and learnt as a volunteer?
Volunteer will have the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, with many colleagues of different specialities and reap the rewards of a demanding and meaningful job, in relation to the achievement of the best possible result for beneficiaries’ requests.
Volunteer should be committed to the values of the organization and be willing to offer the best of his skills and experience for the best assistance of ASC beneficiaries.
In case of interest, please send us your cv and availability until the end of July to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.