Job Title : SN Child Friendly Space Facilitator
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
The CFS empowers the psychosocial support through informal educational activities and creative engagement of children beneficiaries of the program under the guidance and instructions of the team coordinator and program. Specifically, the worker is concerned with educational and creative way underage beneficiaries, considering the special characteristics and present living conditions.
The employee must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among beneficiaries and respect the skills and cultural background of each. Should promote fair play, collaboration and critical thinking. The worker is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he performs his duties during working time.
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: Project Manager
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders, and abilities
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child Friendly Space
- Refer children for Child Protection case management, and nutritional or medical care or other appropriate services and support as required
- Ensure activities consistent with programme guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University Degree in Social Sciences (ie, Education, Psychology, Social Work etc)
- Good communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in working environment
- Commitment to understanding of SN aims, values and principles
Would be an asset
- Good English, Arabic or Farsi language skills
- Experience on working with migrant/refugee children
Required qualifications and skills
- 1 year experience in Relevant Position
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, February 18th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_CFS_Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.