Position: Computer Skills Teacher/Educator (Athens)
Starting Date: 12/2017
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
- Provide computer classes/lectures to refugee and migrant population needs during afternoon hours
- Teaching the ECDL or equivalent syllabus and prepare students for the exams/ certification
- Teach basic ICT skills
- Address the needs of different levels and age groups
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- Holder of ECDL or equivalent Certificate
- At least 1 year of professional experience in teaching of computer classes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English and Greek
- Experience in teaching refugee/migrant population will be an advantage
- Experience in report writing
- Able to work in team
- Able to deliver a lecture
- Registered in the Certified Adult Trainers Registry of EOPPEP (National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance)
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, December 3rd, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN ComputerSkills_Tutor (Athens)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.