Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports To: Team Leader
The Female Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including referrals); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising on SGBV issues, among other themes, and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece.
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, group discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, leisure time activities, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiaries
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
- University Degree in Social Work/Psychology/Social Sciences/Humanities
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls
- Good understanding of human rights, gender equality, child-marriage, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations
- Experience in community mobilization
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient
- Fluency in Greek and English required
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software
- Good report writing skills
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles
- Possess empowering imagination
- Experience in case management procedures
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Engagement in refugee focused projects
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “FFS Facilitator_Drama”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by March 28th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.