Τοποθεσία: Nea Kavala/ Polykastro
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Part Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports To: Deputy General Manager
The Female Friendly Space Facilitator acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls within the open accommodation facility of Polykastro/ Nea Kavala. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and provides support (including counseling and referrals); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising on SGBV issues, among other themes, and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece. She serves as a point of contact for women residing at the open accommodation facility, designs and implements activities tailored to the women’s needs. She conducts focus groups discussions and needs assessments. She develops and maintains partnerships and good relationships with other actors within the accommodation facility, donors and stakeholders. She prepares relevant progress and other reports, and material as required by the project.
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support, while also including toddlers with their mothers in the services provided
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women, girls and mother-child, including the design of weekly schedules and timetables, through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to other service providers
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing, art therapy, playtime etc.
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives.
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
- Develops and maintains partnerships and good relationships with other actors within the accommodation facility, donors and stakeholders.
- Prepares relevant progress and other reports, and material as required by the project.
- Collaborates closely with partner organizations and jointly develops and implements activities tailored to women’s needs.
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls, especially refugee/ asylum seekers
- Good understanding of human rights, gender equality, child-marriage, sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations
- Experience in community mobilization
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity.
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well.
- Well organized and efficient
- Fluency in Greek and English required.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software
- Good report writing skills
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles
- Ability to establish and maintain a creative and empowering environment for women and girls
- Driving license – Category B
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Knowledge of French/ Arabic/ Farsi/ Dari/ Urdu/ Pashtu/ Kurdish will be highly appreciated.
- Field working experience in camps/temporary settlements of refugee/migrant population.
- Engagement in refugee focused projects.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Female Friendly Facilitator_Nea Kavala/Polykastro”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by September 10th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.