Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Prepares and submits financial reports to the donors along with the relevant reporting documentation (contracts of personnel, payment of salaries expenses etc.)
- Performs accounting entries, updates ledgers, and reconciles expenses accounts with bank accounts per donor
- Inspects all expenditures according to the procurement and Finance policies (documents PRs, Pos, GRNs) and according to donors Guidelines.
- Checks the Financial Reporting & Documentation of Grants to other Organizations.
- Supports the preparation and coordination of the audit process, as well as the internal financial controls and procedures. Liaises with donor auditors for audits and verification visits.
- Provides timely information and cost reports to management regarding project expenditure.
- Monitors the implementation of the financial procedure as per the Financial Manual and donor requirements.
- Performs ad hoc duties as they are assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3 years of relevant working experience
- Familiar with ERP (Navision experience preferred)
- Knowledge of Greek GAAP
- Excellent use of MS Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Fluency in Greek and English, both oral and written
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail and strong organizational skills while prioritizing
- Able to perform under pressure and deliver results
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to challenge processes and implement improved working methods
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org in the email subject “Finance/Accounting Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 13/09/2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.