Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
- To ensure equipment is efficiently and effectively operated, make adjustments as necessary and reports defects and malfunctions to the Operations .
- To clean light fittings and to test lighting systems weekly replacing where necessary minor parts such as bulbs, in accordance with safe working practices.
- To maintain appropriate records including repair orders etc.
- To report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply, or where not immediately available technical services or regular contractors, and report minor faults on site to the Operations
- Perform maintenance and light repairs, routine landscaping on the grounds
- Repair equipment or appliances
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- To undertake handypersons duties as directed by the Operations .
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing etc.
- Basic math skills
- Good communication ability
- Greek Speaker with English. Additional Farsi or Arabic Knowledge will be considered an additional asset
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- High school diploma or equivalent
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by” Friday, March 13, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Handyman”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.