Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
Reports To: Project Coordinator
The ILC Assistant assists the ILC Coordinator and serves as a point of contact for the beneficiaries of the Integration Learning Centers per location. She/he plays an important role in the smooth and effective operation of the day-to-day operations of the Center, supporting in various ways, including communications, scheduling, data entry and secretarial services. The role of the ILC Coordinator Assistant involves a great deal of multitasking. He/She will interact with beneficiaries, staff and visitors in person and via email/ phone.
- Provides administrative support in order to ensure the Center’s smooth daily operation.
- Provides information about the Center and the programme to beneficiaries as required
- Meets and greets beneficiaries in a warm and friendly manner.
- Handles communication with beneficiaries, the staff of the ILC and partners.
- Updates and maintains contact lists.
- Undertakes various tasks, such as logistics, administrative and HR in collaboration with the ILC Coordinator and the respective departments.
- Oversees the maintenance & purchases, storage & safety of the premises in collaboration with the ILC Coordinator.
- Develops and maintains effective filing systems, both electronically and hard-copy.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the ILC Coordinator.
- Updates the center’ s databases with information on beneficiaries on a daily basis.
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Communications, Business Administration, Education and/or related field.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in similar position, preferably in the NGO/humanitarian and/or Education and/or client-oriented services.
- Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, in person and over the phone.
- Proven experience of successful administrative support in a fast-paced working environment.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi will be highly appreciated.
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word business software.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Cross cultural awareness and flexibility.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to:
email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “ILC Assistant _Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than by February 10th, 2024.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.