Τοποθεσία: Thessaloniki (Roving between Northern Greece camps)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during sessions on legal cases for beneficiaries of international protection (children or adults);
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during informative sessions, briefings, trainings, in courts or public services etc.;
- Provides written translation of documents to English or Greek;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in field-trips and other external activities;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely;
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Excellent command of Farsi – Dari or Arabic or Kurmanji – Sorani or French (with additional knowledge of African languages, e.g. Lingala, Swahili);
- Combined knowledge of the above-mentioned languages is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of Pashto or Somali is strongly appreciated;
- Excellent command of English and/or Greek;
- Minimum one-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator;
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee population;
- High professional ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible;
- Strong team player;
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments;
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
- Computer literacy
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Interpreter LR_Northern Greece”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by October 21st, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.