Reports to the Project Coordinator
Status: Full Time
The Local Coordinator & Grants Officer is responsible for providing programmatic support and administrative duties. She/He serves as a point of contact and link between employees, SN internal departments (Log, HR, FIN) and external parties. She/he provides support to Project Coordinator, handles clerical and administrative duties, analyzes, and improves office processes, ensuring that organizational policies are in place and the smooth operation of the project including procurement and hiring. He/she is also responsible for collecting the necessary information, data and documents (to facilitate the preparation of financial and narrative reports) as requested by the Project Coordinator and the donor while also drafting communication with the donors and other external stakeholders.
Provides overall programmatic and administrative support to the Project Coordinator for the smooth implementation of the Project.
- Coordinates the operational and administrative actions, ensuring that planned activities are implemented according to the approved project documents, in close cooperation with overall Project Coordinator, project staff, HQ teams and donor, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with the SolidarityNow’s and Donor’s Policies and Procedures;
- Supervises 2 working teams;
- Conducts field visits/work and participates in field activities on an ad hoc basis;
- Contact point for all communication with the donor regarding project implementation in Northern Greece, in collaboration with overall Project Coordinator;
- Updates the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions, assisting with preparing annual holiday planning and staff shifts to forecast HR needs. Collaborates with SN HR staff for the preparation of staff programmes as per national regulations with regards to Covid restrictions etc.
- Assists and participates in project’s processes such as recruitment, briefings, and reporting.
- Collects necessary programmatic information, drafts relevant reports as requested and properly files relevant documents.
- Collaborates with all SN Departments regarding payments, purchase requests, logistics, etc.
- Undertakes any other tasks requested by the Project Coordinator.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar position.
- Experience of working in an NGO environment and working within a complex organizational structure.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fluency in Greek and English, proficiency in other languages desirable.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and research skills.
- Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups would be appreciated.
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to email@example.com by September 30th, 2021 mentioning in the email subject “Local Coordinator & Grants Officer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by September 30th, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.