Starting Date: ASAP
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have regular contact with children
Reports To: Senior Project Coordinator
The M&E Officer assists the HELIOS team with setting up and supplying the databases with information for the project, collecting and compiling the necessary data. S/he reports to the Project Coordinator and cooperates with all department, HQs and projects staff.
Monitoring and Data Collection
- Conducts primary data collection, including interviews, surveys, and focus group discussions, upon request and according to the general and project-specific M&E plan, and in cooperation with Project Coordinator.
- Collects data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators, and prepares relevant statistics, i.e. students’ attendance, teaching hours, etc.
- Compiles projects and activities’ data and informs the relevant database and collection tool.
- Assists in data quality assurance and managing data according to internal and donor standards.
- Ensures visibility and accountability material are in place and used.
- Supports field teams on how to collect and analyze relevant project information.
- Supports staff to ensure that projects are carried out with participation from beneficiaries and that information is shared with beneficiaries.
- Coordinates the review of survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
- Follows confidentiality and security procedures to ensure respondent privacy is protected.
- Maintains contact with beneficiaries/target groups (receive requests, provide task-related information, etc.).
- Drafts reports and prepares statistics and other information as requested by the project coordinator and donor.
- Carry out capacity building activities and trainings relating to quality data collection and reporting for project staff
- Participates to any other task to achieve the project’s objectives, including admin tasks.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or client-oriented services.
- Understanding and knowledge of the humanitarian context and civil society environment in Greece.
- University Degree in Humanities, Education, Political Science, Business Administration, Information Technology, Statistics and/or related field.
- High computer literacy especially EXCEL.
- Database management experience.
- Sound knowledge of the two following languages: Greek, English.
- Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups would be appreciated.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “M&E Officer _ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 17th May 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.