Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder will have no contact with children.
The Procurement / Logistics Officer is expected to support the necessary processes which are related to the administrative, logistics or supply aspects for programs organized or supported by SolidarityNow. The role is expected to be dual according to SN’s needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Procurement Officer:
- Identify the needs from the programs in terms of purchasing goods and services
- Perform market research according to the SN’s Procurement Policy.
- Evaluate offers both quantitatively and qualitatively and cooperate effectively with suppliers.
- Negotiate with suppliers.
- Keep informed all interested parties as for their purchase request; ensure the cooperation between all involved departments (Programs or other, Logistics, Finance) runs efficiently.
- Issue Purchase Orders following the SN’s Procurement Policy.
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of goods and services as per Purchase Request
- Maintain and review all relevant procurement records in a meticulous way.
- 360 follow-up of the categories of purchases of goods and services she/he is assigned to by the organization.
As a Logistics Officer:
- Manage and support the registration and proper functioning of all assets (Asset Inventory and Warehouse Management).
- Coordinate and track movement of goods through logistic pathways.
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary.
- Review transportation costs so to ensure efficiency
- University Degree (any technical university degree, BA in Economics/Finance/ Supply Chain Management or in Business Administration).
- Fluent in Greek and English.
- Strong IT skills, specially Microsoft Office 365
- At least 2 years of experience, preferably in an NGO context.
- Driving license – Category B
- Deep understanding of NGOs needs and funding.
- Ability to contribute individually to the vision of SN.
- Strong organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management skills; work well with deadlines.
- Familiar with the Greek market and its functions.
- Communication skills; active listener, able to understand information and requirements and to explain policies and procedures in simple terms.
- Good team player.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Procurement / Logistics officer_HQ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 25/01/2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.