Job Description: The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of a nationwide integration project. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation AND close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of SN’s General Manager, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the integration project. The position could be based in Athens or Thessaloniki, with regular travel.
Reporting Lines and Hierarchy
(S)he reports to the General Manager, based in Athens.
- Planning and supervising the implementation of the project activities in close collaboration with key project staff, HQ team, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs.
- Supervising staff members in the various locations across Greece.
- Monitoring the activities and results achieved against the project indicators.
- Liaising with implementing partners to ensure alignment of actions in accordance with agreements and donor requirements.
- Producing progress, activity, and other reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing budgets and planning the project expenditure in compliance with donor requirements.
- Preparing and reviewing financial and other documentation to support audits
- Communicating and closely collaborating with donors, authorities, and other stakeholders to develop programmes and report on those implemented.
- Developing and designing new projects – through the preparation of concept notes, proposals, and log frames in the specific area of expertise.
- Representing the organisation nationally and internationally in relevant for a, including regular working groups and thematic conferences.
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis.
- Performing any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
Job Requirements / Skills Required
- Graduate degree in relevant field (e.g., Social and Political Sciences, International Relations, Law, Masters, Economics), Master’s degree desired.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project management preferably in the NGO/humanitarian sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years of team management experience.
- Fluency in Greek and English – excellent written and oral skills, a third language would be desirable.
- Understanding and experience in the implementation of refugee integration programmes.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management and financial management
- Experience in collaborating and establishing partnerships with IOs, NGOs and governmental and local authorities in Greece.
- Demonstrated ability to write winning proposals.
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Project Coordinator’’
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by May 6th, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.