Τοποθεσία: Roving between camp sites (Malakasa, Oinofyta, and once every 3 months in Andravida )- commuting expenses (fuel, tolls) paid by SN
Starting Date: ASAP (Replacement due to maternity leave)
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3-The job holder will have regular contact with children
Reports to: Project Area Manager
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the teaching staff, identify and provide individualized support to children with psychosocial and/or special educational needs and/or disabilities;
- Organize an identification and referral system for children at risk including services such as medical, legal, psychological, WASH, shelter etc;
- Perform first response duties and undertake referral(s) to other services, as needed;
- Organize and facilitate awareness-raising and group psychosocial support activities on a broad range of issues for children as part of the life skills development learning process inside the classroom;
- Organize and facilitate parents’ meetings and provide specialized support to parents combating school dropout and resolving challenges that might arise regarding school attendance and children’s needs;
- Conduct regular mapping of beneficiaries in the camp sites in Attica and Central Greece; conduct needs assessment and service mapping ensuring the access of refugee children to formal education and non-formal education/after-school support opportunities.
- Promote and enable the access to school for refugee children through the provision of technical and administrative support to parents and education stakeholders (RECs, public school administration and teaching staff etc.;
- Cooperate with interpreters where needed for the provision of services and activities;
- Closely cooperate with other team members, passing on crucial information and expressing the need of action clearly and concisely;
- Directly support and coach beneficiaries through the usage of simple communication and moral uplifting techniques;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting and data keeping.
Required qualifications & skills
- University degree in Psychology;
- License to work as Psychologist;
- Minimum one-year professional experience within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to troubleshoot and ease potential tensions between the project’s beneficiaries;
- Previous experience in street-work and/or a position entailing direct contact and exchange with vulnerable groups of beneficiaries is an asset;
- Fluency in Greek and English required;
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software;
- Experience in community mobilization;
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity;
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well;
- Well organized and efficient, with ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Good report-writing skills;
- Adhere to and promote CP and GBV guiding principles.
- Field work experience, e.g. in camps or temporary settlements
- Interest and experience to work with vulnerable groups
- Knowledge of Arabic, French or Farsi
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Psychologist _ Roving”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 4th , 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.