Position: Recreational and non-formal education Officer (Thessaloniki Solidarity Center)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The Recreational and non-formal education Officer is expected to provide psychosocial support through activities and events which are going to be organized. The candidate will be responsible for designing, organizing and facilitating activities for vulnerable groups, including children, teenagers, women and elderly.
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Design, organize and facilitate leisure and non-formal activities
- Identify needs and local interests to plan activities and events
- Formulate service plans and priorities in cooperation with other providers
- Work with SN services to create relevant plans
- Lead activities such as arts, crafts, sports, music, day-trips, visits
- Lead classes and provide instructions in a recreational activity, such as crafts
- Support the development of local voluntary groups
- Work close with and be responsible for the volunteers
- Identify local interests/needs and ways to meet them
- Identify the training needs of local volunteers and ways to match them
- Provide and organize non-formal activities and develop new learning opportunities through non-formal classes
- Help potential learners to overcome barriers to learning
- Engage with individuals and community groups, such as parent’s groups
- Undertake autonomously the administrative relevant duties
- Work closely with the SN teams
- Collaborate with other actors in the area (public sector, NGOs and local organizations) to link the beneficiaries and the Organization with the services needed
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive case management plan for beneficiaries
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment and the development of their educational background
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications and skills
- Studies (Bachelor and/or Master) in fields of Education (ex. Early Childhood studies, Intercultural education, Theater Studies), Social studies, Youth work.
- 2 years’ experience in relevant position
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexible approach
- Well-organized and efficient
- Ability to work under pressure, accepting challenges and changes
- Excellent interpersonal & communications skills
- A high level of creativity, multi-tasking and problem-solving ability
- Ability to relate to, motivate and empathize with a range of people from different backgrounds
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- A range of group-work skills, from creating and leading a group, to being a participative member to one
- Good command of MS office
- Fluent both in Greek and in English (both written and spoken)
- Working experience with different age groups is desired.
- Familiar with refugee and migration population, but also locals.
- Personal interest of sports, music, painting, photography and other hobbies.
- Knowledge of any foreign language in “very good” level is an asset.
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “TSC_Recreational and non-formal education Officer”
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th November 2018
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.