Τοποθεσία: Roving between Attica camps
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2 – The job holder will have sporadic contact with children.
Reports To: Project Coordinator
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervises and provides guidance to a team of employability consultants.
- Organizes and coordinates employability activities (focus groups, counselling sessions, presentations)
- Manages a diverse portfolio of cases to employment, job matching and career management service.
- Provides information, advice and guidance to the POCs (refugees, migrants) on key knowledge areas including; CVs, Job searching, Interview skills Coaching and Training/Education, to enhance current and future employability.
- Analyzes and understands current employment context and related opportunities.
- Uses labor market information to research and build additional relationships with employers, creating further employment opportunities appropriate to the needs of the POCs (refugees, migrants) base.
- Job matches POCs (refugees, migrants) with vacancies and opportunities.
- Carries out detailed job analysis to understand and guide on reasonable adjustments to maximize the likelihood of successful and sustainable employment services and encourages appropriate referrals.
- Maintains a record system, case notes and other electronic files to a high standard to ensure high quality standards.
- Compiles reports for the progress of the provided services and identifies the characteristics which have to be improved in order to achieve a holistic approach on employability counselling
Required qualifications and skills
- Previous experience as employability coordinator
- Excellent case management skills to deliver a quality service to a large total caseload
- Well organized, structured, and self-disciplined, with excellent time-management skills
- Recruitment experience will be considered as an asset.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good networking and relationship management skills
- Strong knowledge of the employability market
- Education in the career counselling, social service and/or human service-related field
- Previous experience providing career and employment-based case-managed services.
- Previous experience on coordination of projects, teams, etc.
- Experience of employment support for refugees and people with disabilities (physical and/or mental health)
- Knowledge and experience of Greek Employment Law as it relates to this type of service and role
- Experience with NGO environment practices
- Proficient with MS Office
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Knowledge of French will be an asset
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Senior Employability Officer”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by 16/01/2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.