Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children.
Reports To: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager (M&E Manager)
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability Assistant collaborates closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to support and ensure the quality of data collection and reporting, the implementation of research and surveys as well as evaluation and accountability activities. The position requires participation in all MEAL aspects and regular communication and visits to project locations.
Monitoring and Data Collection
- Conducts primary data collection, including interviews, surveys, and focus group discussions in cooperation with M&E Manager.
- Compiles project and activity data and informs the relevant database and collection tools.
- Carries out data validation for data analysis and reporting requirements according to the organizational monitoring standards.
- Ensure that the information collected is secured according to the data protection guidelines.
Research and Evaluation
- Supports field teams to collect and analyze relevant project information.
- Carries out desk research and literature reviews for issues of concern.
- Prepares internal and external reports, as required.
- Ensure that the procedures of the Concern Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) are followed.
- Activates the mechanism whenever is appropriate and provides guidance to the field staff according to the guidelines of the policy.
- Adheres to confidentiality and security procedures, ensuring protection of privacy.
- Prepares user-friendly data analyses and presentations.
- Other tasks, including administrative support, as requested by line manager.
- University degree from an accredited academic institution, in relevant field
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced working environment.
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word business software.
- Experience working with databases – design, management. Previous experience in M&E is considered an asset.
- Fluency in Greek and English. Knowledge of Arabic/Farsi/French will be highly appreciated.
- Strong sense of initiation, responsibility, ownership, and excellent attention to detail.
- Comfortable in managing multiple tasks, with a problem-solving attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting vulnerable groups.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “MEAL Assistant_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) no later than August 16th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.