Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Reports to: IT MANAGER
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- User support (PCs, printers, scanners, Office 2016, web browsers, Windows 10, Office 365, email, Internet access)
- Installing and configuring Windows 10 systems
- Installing and configuring Office 365 applications
- Take ownership of user’s issues reported and follow problems through to resolution
- Document knowledge in the form of knowledge base tech notes and articles
- Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications
- Troubleshooting system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve user issue
- A solid understanding of how software and operating systems work
- A solid understanding of how computer networks work
- Good knowledge of Windows 10 and general computer support issues
- Basic knowledge TCP/IP and other networking concepts (DNS, DHCP, NAT, firewalling, routing, switching)
- Basic knowledge of the two network types (LAN, WAN) and related networking concepts
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to work well within a team
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize the workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good user-facing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills, both in Greek and English languages
- Able to explain technical problems
- A dedication to continually update knowledge
- Good at organizing and multitasking
- Basic knowledge of Office 365, Active Directory, and Windows 10.
Background: Diploma from a Technical Institution or School – Cisco certification will be a plus.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Support IT Technical Officer_ Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by December 15th, 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.