Job Title: SN Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Status: Part Time
Duration: 3 months renewable
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
Interpretation of Business Training Sessions
- Ensure training sessions/classes held by trainers are effectively interpreted to participants.
- Ensure concepts and information in training sessions is accurately and precisely transferred to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way. Transfer accurate information from beneficiaries back to trainers or project managers.
- Mediate with beneficiaries while briefings or sessions are conducted.
- Participate in interviews for the selection of Business4YOUth participants
- Occasionally translate short texts, emails, questionnaire answers.
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Participate occasionally in ‘extracurricular’ activities and events i.e. graduation ceremony for Business4YOUth participants.
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Farsi
- Previous Experience in Relevant Position
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in Greek or English
- Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or at the borders).
- Experience or background in business or entrepreneurship field, either relevant studies, previous employment in business management/entrepreneur, or participation in business related trainings.
Interested Candidates shall submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an intro Text (motivation) in English: email@example.com by Sunday September 25, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_Interpreter”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.