Status: Full Time
Position Summary: The individual will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the SN vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with SN policies.
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: Fleet Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive SN vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with SN vehicle usage policy.
- Keenly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with SN policies.
- Keenly check the vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc. prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc. in line with World Vision policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with SN vehicle policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the SN Driver job placement should hold a Certificate of English.
- Hold a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- A minimum of one year experience in driving, with clean driving record preferably with an NGO
- Possession of two or more Classes of driving permit is preferred;
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, March 28th, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN_Blue Dot Driver”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.