Position: Education Officer (Greek Language) (Athens)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Provide Greek classes, as per the refugee and migrant population needs
- Develop an educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different levels and age groups
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities when necessary
- Degree – Bachelor degree in Education – Philologist, Greek Literature
- Specialisation in teaching Greek as a second language, Language Education for Refugees and Migrants
- Greek and English knowledge is necessary
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees and migrants
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- Strong communication skills
- Being patient
- Energetic, enthusiastic and able to motivate others
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 27th, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN Education Officer (Greek) (Athens)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.