Job Title : SN Mother Baby Corner Facilitator
Status: Full Time
The Mother and Baby Corner Facilitator acts as a coordinator of the space for mothers and their infants/toddlers. She facilitates the access of nursing mothers to breastfeed in private; provides reproductive, neonatal, and postnatal care and counseling; provides nutritional support/ supportive care/ education/ counselling on breastfeeding and optimal infant and young child feeding practices; she encourages and facilitates the participation of women in group and individual activities and creates the conditions for them to socialize; she organizes sensitization sessions and skills acquisition activities for women on topics of their interest aiming at facilitating their integration and well being in Greece.
Position within the Organization:
Hierarchical Responsible: Team Leader
- Maintains a comfortable, safe and clean environment for babies under 2 years, their mothers and also pregnant women to rest, breastfeed, change their and their babies’ clothes and diapers, and receive appropriate support.
- Provides counseling on Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and breastfeeding and age-appropriate feeding practices according to WHO and UNICEF recommendations for infant and young child feeding.
- Organizes and conducts sensitization sessions so that women improve their wellbeing and the wellbeing of their children and families in Greece. Topics could span from health, nutrition, hygiene, family planning, etc.
- Through a participatory approach identifies topics of interest and skills that women would like to develop and prepares a timetable for delivering the sessions.
- Prepares and conducts group activities with women and mothers which focus on gender issues, skills-building, awareness-raising and also recreational activities and other sensitization topics and creates safe conditions for women to participate in them. Group activities may include trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing, awareness-raising etc.
- Enables timely referrals to gynaecologists or access to medical actors and/or health units of the social welfare system for mothers, pregnant women or babies.
- Coordinates with actors who work with mothers and pregnant women so that they refer to the MBC.
- Records required information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
Required qualifications and skills
- Degree as a Midwife or Nurse (preferable), otherwise University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred
- 1 year experience in Relevant Position
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand of the different vulnerabilities and needs of women and girls and needs and issues related to Gender-based Violence
- Field Working Experience, Camps/Temporary Settlements serving refugee population
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday March 28th, 2017, mentioning in the email subject “SN_Blue Dot Mother Baby Corner Facilitator”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.