Position: Project Manager – Blue Dots
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
The Blue Dots Project
SolidarityNow (in collaboration with UNICEF), is implementing the ‘Blue Dots’ programme, creating Child & Family Care Hubs for children, women and other vulnerable people living in refugee camps and urban settings. Every ‘Blue Dot’ is a safe place for refugee children and their families, while the range of services offered at each one includes legal counselling and psychosocial support. The project is being implemented in Attica and Macedonia
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of the Blue Dots Programme in cooperation with the Programming Unit in Athens. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation AND close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the Head of Programmes, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow-up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the people on the move.
Reporting Lines and Hierarchy
(S)he reports to the Head of Programmes, based in Athens.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and supervising the implementation of the project activities in close cooperation with the key project staff, HQs team and partners, in compliance with all contractual obligations towards the donor and in accordance with the SolidarityNow SOPs;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables;
- Guiding and overseeing the coordination and administration of all aspects of the programme;
- Implementing administrative tasks and duties in compliance with the SN Manual;
- Directly participating into the organization and execution of the project’s logistics;
- Producing progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Maintaining liaison and collaboration relationships with donors, authorities and stakeholders
- Ensuring protection of refugees, asylum seekers and other vulnerable populations of concern, in accordance with international humanitarian standards and legally binding obligations.
- Planning and supervising the development, implementation and monitoring of standard operating procedures in relation to protection mechanisms and activities
- Providing advice and guidance on protection related issues and ensuring proper documentation and follow up
- Overviewing case planning and implementation, reviewing information and protection plans developed by field staff
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff
- Performing any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Project Management preferably in the humanitarian and/or development sector and in the area of protection in particular;
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management;
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Greek; a third language (related to the people on the move emergency) would be considered as an asset;
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software;
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to work with and coordinate activities of more than 50 field staff
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and priorities workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Understanding of the people on the move emergency and the socio-economic hardship aspects, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organization
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Project_UNICEF_ Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 30th of June 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.