Submit until: 10/04/2017
Job Title: Education Officer
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
- Implement educational activities, including language classes, according to the refugee population needs
- Develop an educational curriculum that targets and addresses the needs of different age groups, including adults and children
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking and reporting of educational projects
- Supervise assistants and provide support to them in line with program objectives
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities
- Degree – Bachelor degree in education
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills.
- Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “SN Educator _Athens”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Monday 10th of April 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.