Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 2- The job holder will have sporadic contact with children
The data management officer manages and administers database management systems. S/he ensures information coherence, quality, security and permanent accessibility. S/he reports to the Project Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Data entry related to Persons of Concern into the UNHCR database
- Assist in managing routine data collection, including data monitoring
- Ensure data management procedures meet established deadlines
- Provide support in data reporting
- Assist in maintaining correct and up-to-date project data and relevant records
- Use and contribute to maintaining a data system containing confidential information on beneficiary demographics and eligibility for project support and monthly support provision
- Ensure data quality
- Contribute to reporting and provision of accurate and up to date information to project coordinator and monitoring officer
- Support the referral focal point when/if needed
- Ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis and reporting
- Establish and ensure a close communication with the Senior Admin & Data Officer, as well as the Team Leader and the Project Coordinator
- Establish and ensure a close communication with other CASH actors and implementing partners, in order to achieve a proper performance of CASH-related information (including updates and troubleshooting)
- Support the preparation and submission of Purchase Requests, leasing contracts and invoices to the relevant departments of SN, as well as other administrative actions according to the needs.
- Provide basic technical support regarding data management and IT related challenges to the rest of the members of the team.
Qualifications and experience
- University Degree in Humanities, Political Science, Business Administration, Statistics and/or related field.
- Experience in working with NGOs and/or client-oriented services.
- Understanding and knowledge of the humanitarian context and civil society environment in Greece.
- Respect of humanitarian principles.
- Sound knowledge of two of the following languages: Arabic (preferred), Greek, English. Knowledge of Farsi, Dari or other language can be an additional asset.
- High computer literacy.
- Use of ProGRESv4 is highly desirable.
- Field experience working with refugees/migrants and/or other vulnerable groups would be appreciated.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Admin & data officer _ Ioannina”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by March 01st, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.