Child & Family Support Hubs are focusing on children, women, including sexual and gender-based violence survivors and vulnerable families residing in camp sites and/or the urban areas in Central Greece, Central and Eastern Macedonia, Attica and Thessaloniki.
Each CFSH consists of a safe place where refugee and migrant children, women and families can receive crucial services free-of-charge, including psychosocial and non-formal educational activities, legal and psycho-social support and targeted case management.
Service provision includes
- Child-friendly spaces where children and youth are engaged in structured recreational and psychosocial activities in a safe space;
- Female-friendly Spaces, where women and girls engage in activities to improve their social and emotional wellbeing, built their confidence and resilience while receiving tailored psychosocial services in a safe space;
- Non-formal educational activities to children and adults and support to formal school enrolment;
- Identification and targeted case management of children at risk and vulnerable women and families, focusing particularly on unaccompanied and separated children (UASC), sexual and gender-based violence survivors (SGBV) and people with disability and/or illness;
- Provision of psychosocial and legal support, including appropriate referrals to other service providers when needed;
- Provision of accurate and tailored information to refugees and migrants on their rights as third-country nationals, the asylum procedure, as well as on accessing public and other services.
CFSH project is implemented by SolidarityNow with the support of UNICEF and funded by the European Commission – Civil Protection & Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO).