Job Title: Child Friendly Space/Psycho-social Officer (Blue Dot)
Status: Full Time
Starting Date: ASAP
The CFS empowers the psychosocial support and builds the resilience of children through informal recreational activities and creative engagement, under the guidance and instructions of the team leader and program coordinator. Specifically, the worker is concerned with educational and creative ways of engaging minors, considering the special characteristics and present living conditions. The PSS part of the position regards the desired ability for a candidate to support persons of concern, with the objective of providing timely and effective psychological support, as well as implementing protection interventions, especially when children are at risk. The ideal candidate must be able to design and implement activities with a psycho-social support element both for groups and individuals and screen within the CFS for vulnerabilities.
The employee must cultivate an atmosphere of respect and appreciation among the children and respect the skills and cultural background of each. Also, the appropriate candidate should promote fair play, collaboration and critical thinking. The worker is finally responsible for the supervision of the space in which he/she performs his/her duties during working time.
Hierarchical Responsible: Focal Point N. Greece
- Ensure a safe and child-friendly atmosphere within the Child Friendly Space
- Ensure a variety of games and activities within the Child Friendly Space, catering to the needs of children of different ages, genders, and abilities
- Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected
- Liaise with parents and the community regularly to keep them informed of any developments or problems within the Child Friendly Space and surrounding areas
- Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the Child Friendly Space
- Provide comprehensive package of Psychological Aid Services to the beneficiaries
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Provide case management for child protection cases, liaise with competent authorities and professionals (doctors, public prosecutor etc) in managing cases of SGBV
- Case related info management, Filling and registering all cases and actions to the reporting lists, Brief and Full Social History taking, Updating the hard and electronic files per case
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University Degree in Social Sciences (ie, Education, Psychology, Social Work etc) or creative arts (psychology is preferable)
- Field experience
- Commitment to help persons of concern and willingness to cooperate with counterparts
- Understanding of protection principles and humanitarian framework
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs, as well as Civil Society organizations or initiatives will be considered as a strong advantage
- Good Communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt to changes in working environment
- Commitment to understanding of SN aims, values and principles
Would be an asset
- Arabic or Farsi or Kurdish language skills
- Experience on working with migrant/refugee children
Required qualifications and skills
- 1 year experience in relevant position
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- English or Greek
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN CFS/PSS _Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Not later than by Friday 28th of July 2017. Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.