SolidarityNow: Free online courses that respond to the modern labor market,
Athens, May 31st, 2019
If you are fluent in English, you are willing to learn in a pleasant and creative way and wish to set your own schedule, visit the SolidarityNow website using the following link https://www.solidaritynow.org/digital_skills/, and find out about the organization’s new educational initiative addressed to everyone.
This initiative is part of SolidarityNow’s partnership with Cisco, the largest international networking company, and the Hellenic American Union, which provides an opportunity for training on 7 different thematic sections relating to the digital world and media. SolidarityNow is a certified CISCO Networking Academy.
The seminars are provided in the form of online courses so that everyone can form their own schedule, even the place and time where the classes are done.
The courses are provided free of charge by SolidarityNow with two basic prerequisites:
- the attendance should be completed between June 1st and August 31st; and
- all participants should be fluent in English, the working language of the online courses
7 self-enroll online courses building digital skills:
- Get Connected Skills – Digital Literacy: Learn how to use a computer, connect devices and access search, email and social media.
- Entrepreneurship Course: Develop an entrepreneurial way of thinking to improve your job opportunities and advance your career.
- Intro to cybersecurity: Learn how to protect yourself online and in social media while discovering careers in cybersecurity.
- Cybersecurity Essentials: Learn the fundamental principles, procedures, and practices of information and networking security.
- Intro to Internet of Things (IoT): Learn how the Internet of Things (IoT) and the digital transformation of business create new value and new job opportunities.
- Linux Unhatched: Establish basic knowledge that starts to build Linux expertise, a valuable skill needed for in-demand IT careers.
- Be Your Own Boss: A series of 8 modules on how to run a successful technology business and become a “technopreneur” [for enrollments, send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, (subject: BYB101-S19)]
“These online seminars are another SolidarityNow educational initiative that responds to the modern labor market and its demands. It is addressed to everyone, experts or not, and it concerns both broader as well as specific topics, useful to each participant according to his/her needs”, notes Irene Spanopoulou, IT expert and the program’s coordinator and continues: “SolidarityNow brings education closer to everyone, with the aim of developing skills and enhancing the professional profile of anyone who wants to follow simple steps”.
Those interested can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Enroll in the course of your interest: https://www.solidaritynow.org/digital_skills/
- Complete the course at your own pace, anytime anyplace (completion by: 31/8/2019)
- Connect with the global Cisco Networking Academy community of digital entrepreneurs
- Add your new certificate to your resume
- Join a large community of people who are active in lifelong learning.