Location: Kavala / Serres
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Provide after-school Math and Science classes according to refugee and migrant population needs
- Expand and build on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children and youth
- Provide homework support for the children who attend formal education
- Oversee distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintain effective workplans
- Ensure on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develop and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Support education, recreational and various activities
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid
- Engage with parents, schools and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Degree – Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics/Science (eg Physics, Chemistry or any other relevant field)
- Excellent Greek and preferably English
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for refugees or rural/vulnerable communities
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs and mainly primary education
- Excellent Computer skills
- Driving License (B’ category)
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Intercultural Education will be an advantage
- Experience teaching non-native speakers
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills
- Knowledge of report writing
- Knowledge of Arabic or Farsi will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “Math & Science teacher_the location you are interested in (Kavala or Serres)”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by November 20th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.