Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Implements English language classesper the student population needs
- Expands and builds on the existing educational curriculum, targeting and addressing the needs of different age groups of children and teenagers
- Provides homework support for the children who attend formal education
- Oversees distributions of teaching and learning material according to the population’s needs
- Update and maintains effective workplans
- Ensures on-going monitoring, tracking and reporting of classes
- Develops and maintain effective filing systems, both electronic and hardcopy
- Supports education, recreational and various activities
- Contributes to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitates access to available aid
- Excellent Greek and English
- Degree – Bachelor degree in English Literature or relevant studies
- Proven knowledge of training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration
- At least 1 year of professional experience in educational programs for vulnerable communities
- Experience teaching English as a foreign language
- Experience engaging with parents and communities in order to improve attendance and address students’ needs
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of educational programs
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills
- Experience in training of trainers/facilitators skills will be an advantage
- Knowledge of French, Arabic, Farsi, Russian or Ukrainian will be an advantage
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “English Teacher_Thiva”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 06th 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.