Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee the implementation of a non-formal education project with built-in volunteer group creation and capacity building, in close cooperation with the key project staff
- Commit to the project purpose of offering non-formal education and school support to any and all students in need via both project staff and volunteers, with the overall aim of cultivating inclusive neighborhoods through encouraging active citizenship
- Coordinate and provide guidance to a team of educators working with vulnerable populations in Thessaloniki
- Make key contacts by traveling across Thessaloniki, mobilize and eventually embed volunteer neighborhood-based networks delivering non-formal education activities
- Lead and coordinate trainings and capacity building workshops for volunteers
- Write and compile project deliverables, including manuals on non-formal education delivery and volunteer coordination
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of the organization
- Collaborate with responsible staff on the development and execution of project plans and monitoring processes and results achieved against the project indicators
- Lead and motivate the project staff and volunteers, monitor activities and coordinate work
- Employ resourcefulness in project implementation and monitoring, identifying and suggesting creative solutions
- Perform any other task related to the implementation of the project as requested
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree (preferably Master’s) in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related
- At least 1-year practical experience working with vulnerable populations, especially in education projects – knowledge of inclusive education practices
- Experience in volunteer coordination
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Familiarity with the humanitarian process
- Proven skills in networking and relationship building
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Excellent writing and facilitation skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work alone and on one’s own initiative
- Cultural sensitivity
- Understanding of and commitment to humanitarian principles and action
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Field Liaison Officer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by February 28th, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.