Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 1 – The job holder does not have regular contact with children
The Finance Officer performs reporting and budgeting activities, accounts receivable and grants administration. He/she will be responsible for project reporting and project expenditure. He/she works closely with program leaders and their staff.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor closely the grant contract financial requirements and donors’ templates;
- Support organization-wide donors’ budgeting and financial reporting through review of donor financial documents for accuracy, with adherence to budgeting best practices;
- Provide info & revisions to the SN relevant procedures & manuals;
- Prepare financial reports & supporting documentation;
- Analyze and explain variances between forecasts, budget, and actual spent or/and unspent amounts;
- Communicate clearly with the program and operations team on financial performance and budget absorption;
- Demonstrate understanding of source documentation, research variances, and propose corrections;
- Coordinate and participate in various auditing related activities to ensure proper controls and compliance with SN policies;
- Support response to finance-related donors’ queries;
- Work with the department to prepare and manage the annual operating reporting;
- Submit financial reporting documentation when requested by project guidelines;
- Assist when necessary to the bookkeeping/filing of expenses and bank transactions;
- Performs checks in contracts connected to program and projects, whenever needed;
- Trains and informs existing and new staff on procedures, making sure that they are understood and adhered to according to each donor’s requirements, also keeping everyone updated on any changes to these.
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field. Master’s degree will be considered an asset;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a Finance role;
- Previous experience at an NGO and/or European Programs, on budgeting and reporting, is preferable;
- Excellent communication skills, as the role demands extensive interaction with other departments and people of all levels;
- Good knowledge of latest Accounting Policies and Standards and associated regulatory issues and trends;
- Working knowledge of Accounting Software packages and ERP (knowledge of Navision Accounting Software would be an asset);
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Good analytical and organizational skills, attention to detail and determination to meet deadlines;
- Strong language skills (both written and oral) in Greek and English;
- Professional and positive attitude, with team spirit.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning in the email subject “Finance Officer_Thessaloniki”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than February 03rd, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.