Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
Languages: Fluent in French and Greek
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during confidential/private sessions with vulnerable individuals, particularly children at risk and survivors of gender-based violence;
- Provides clear and accurate interpretation services, during protection related informative sessions, briefings, trainings etc;
- Provides written translation of documents to English or Greek;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, contributes to the identification of particular vulnerabilities and other protection-related issues;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, assists in the accompaniment of particularly vulnerable individuals to other service providers;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, participates in field-trips and other external activities;
- In coordination with other team colleagues, ensures that all beneficiaries feel comfortable and safe to share their concerns freely, as well as participate in activities;
- Respects the code of conduct of the organization, with emphasis on confidentiality;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned by the respective Team Leader.
- Excellent command of French
- Excellent command of Greek;
- Minimum one-year professional experience as an interpreter or cultural mediator and/or in providing supporting services to vulnerable individuals, including refugee population and particularly children and women;
- Familiar with protection issues related to refugee children, families and female survivors of gender-based violence;
- High professional ethics;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with children of all ages, background and diversity;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in multi-ethnic environment; Cross Culturally Aware and flexible;
- Strong team player;
- Computer literate;
- Well organized and efficient, flexible, able to handle pressure well and adapt in different working environments;
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and Child Safeguarding guiding principles;
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered an asset
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by June 5th , 2020 mentioning in the email subject “French Interpreter_Elaionas”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by June 5th , 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.