SolidarityNow, with the support of the Guerrilla Foundation and in collaboration with the Society for the Care of Minors (SMA) and the Panhellenic Association of Professional Translators Graduates of the Ionian University (PEEMPIP) organizes a comprehensive training programme for community interpreters and cultural mediators in Athens and Thessaloniki.
- The participants must be native in Farsi, Arabic, Dari, Sorani, Kurmanji etc. and also be proficient in the English or the Greek language.
- Residents of Athens and Thessaloniki.
- Number of participants in both towns: 105
Training’s objective and content
The programme includes intensive training sessions on the practices and methodologies of community interpreting and intercultural mediation, with all training sessions exclusively provided by skilled professionals.
The aim of the programme is to prepare in the best possible way the participants for the provision of community interpreting services in various fields such as asylum proceedings, healthcare, court and legal settings, as well as in other fields where similar needs arise.
The training consists of 96 hours (1.5 month) and includes the following sections:
- Introduction to the concept and techniques of Intercultural Mediation
- Introduction to the concept and techniques of Translation
- Introduction to the concept and techniques of Interpreting
- Greek language support course
- Interpreting in health settings
- Legal/court interpreting
- Interpreting in asylum proceedings
Link with SolidarityNow’s Employability Services
The trainings will be linked from the beginning of the programme with Solidarity Now Employability Programmes based in Athens and Thessaloniki Solidarity Centers.
Following successful completion of the course and examination in the different modules, a certificate of attendance will be provided by the Panhellenic Association of Professional Translators Graduates of the Ionian University (PEEMPIP).
Training consists of 96 hours (1.5 month). The specific days and hours will be announced to the participants in due course.
- (Athens) Athens Solidarity Centre (2, Domokou st. and Philadelphias st., Larissa Station).
- (Thessaloniki) Thessaloniki Solidarity Center (29A Ptolemaion str.)
Trainings are provided free of charge.
For more info, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org