Location: Thessaloniki (Roving Position)
Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time (Replacement due to maternity leave)
SN is seeking for a qualified and experienced lawyer, dealing with a wide range of law matters, that people facing multiple discriminations and marginalities must address. Our colleague, based in Thessaloniki, will be responsible for the provision of his/her services to camps in Central and North Greece (e.g., Serres, Koutsochero, or other locations, as required)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Legal representation in Civil, Administrative, and Criminal Courts, and in Appeals Authority;
- Direct legal aid: provide legal information and advice individually;
- Referrals: map needs, gaps and other services; refer cases to other entities as appropriate and by providing rigorous follow-up, ensure that these cases proceed towards resolution;
- Case management: resolve problems through mediation or other informal dispute resolution mechanisms, where appropriate; intervene with a wide range of activities that vary from information provision to court representation
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date physical and electronic files and detailed case notes, enter required data in a timely manner meet all case reporting requirements within established timelines and standards, and assist in the completion of statistical, narrative, and financial reports
- Minimum three years of experience in practicing law (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Lawyers Permission of Work
- Excellent knowledge of the following areas of Greek law: asylum and family law.
- Good knowledge of administrative and criminal law is desired
- Legal analysis: ability to identify and address legal issues for advice and representation
- Substantial experience of advising and representing individuals with some vulnerability on a professional or voluntary basis
- Previous experience of human rights/protection work, especially of vulnerable social groups, is highly desirable
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of Gender-based Violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves.
- Ability to adjust communication skills according to the age of the beneficiary
- Good interpersonal, team working & communications skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous work within an NGO context is highly desirable
- Fluency in French will be highly appreciated
- B’ category driving license is considered as necessary, due to the roving character of the position
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com mentioning in the email subject “SN Lawyer_Thessaloniki Roving_ Greece”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by the 8th of May 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.