Position: Project Coordinator – Education for Integration
Status: Full Time
Line Management: Programmes Director
Through the project, SolidarityNow will provide Greek language classes to adult recognized refugees as well as support their integration to the Greek society.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of project management and the successful implementation of the project in cooperation with SN’s Programmes Department. (S)he will provide broad administrative, programmatic and financial support to the project, including direct assistance to the implementation AND close monitoring and evaluation of the undertaken initiatives. Under the guidance of the Director of Programmes, the successful candidate will be able to multitask, perform vigorous follow up and get directly involved in the implementation of different activities related to the beneficiaries of the integration project. The position is based in Athens, with regular travel in Thessaloniki & Ioannina.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinating the operational and administrative actions, ensuring that planned activities are implemented according to the approved projects documents, in close cooperation with project staff, HQ teams and partners, in compliance with contractual obligations and in accordance with the SolidarityNow’s Policies and Procedures;
- Directly participating in the organization and execution of the project’s logistics;
- Main contact point for all communication with the donor and partners regarding the project;
- Communication and coordination with SN departments to ensure the effective implementation of the project;
- Supervision and direct management of a minimum of 4 field teams in 3 locations across Greece; Travel required;
- Monitoring the activities and the results achieved against the project indicators;
- Elaborating and following implementation plans and timetables;
- Producing progress, activity and other reports as per request and ensuring that all project reporting (internal and external) is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Planning the project expenditure and ensuring the compliance of expenditure of budgets with donor requirements;
- Maintaining liaison and collaboration relationships with donor, authorities and stakeholders;
- Conducting field visits/work and participating in field activities on an ad hoc basis;
- Contributing to the development of management, logistics, administrative and monitoring tools and techniques for staff members;
- Performing any other tasks related to the implementation of the project as requested.
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree (preferably Master’s) from an accredited academic institution in Humanities, Social Science, Law, Political Sciences, International Relations or related;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Project Management preferably in the NGO/humanitarian sector;
- Experience with institutional donors’ regulations and requirements;
- Knowledge of PCM and financial management;
- Experience in working with IOs, NGOs as well as with governmental and local authorities;
- Fluent in English and Greek;
- Good knowledge and competence of IT applications and software;
- Ability to work under a distance-management scheme;
- Ability to work on own initiative and at the same time as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Understanding the socio-economic hardship aspects faced by the target benficiaries, demonstrating high cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organization
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com mentioning in the subject line of the email subject “SN PC_Education for Integration”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will receive a written reply