Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder has regular contact with children
The Social Service Psychologist is expected to provide basic Social Services (referrals, briefings, intake and registration, link up with existing aid provision opportunities) while at the same time is able to identify vulnerabilities and provide specialized counseling, especially to adults refugee population
Psychosocial Services-Psychological Aid Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Psychological Aid Services to the beneficiaries in (and if requested out) of ASC Premises
- Providing F2F Counseling, Guidance
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Perform occasional field visits /FU visits to houses of beneficiaries
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the DataBase
- Brief and Full Social History taking
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the above mentioned tasks
- Participate in Field Trips and Assessments as requested and directed by Supervisor
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Collaborate with appointed persons for any extra support options like CASH Support, Accommodation, in kind aid or any other additional provision available
Required qualifications and skills
- Psychologist Degree
- Psychologist Permission of Work
- 1 year experience in Relevant Position (at least 6 months in project serving refugees and migrants population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Issues (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law)
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls
- Understanding of psychological needs and issues for survivors of Gender-based Violence
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience entry points , Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions in Islands or to the borders)
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV with an introductory text in English to: email@example.com by July 16th, 2021 mentioning in the email subject “Psychologist”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 16h, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.