Starting Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Team Leader
Child Safeguarding Policy: Level 3 – The job holder will have regular contact with children
- Focal point of communication for vulnerable families or vulnerable beneficiaries;
- Assess and address social needs of the beneficiaries, identify and follow-up cases that require special care;
- Perform case management in cooperation with other project staff and potentially SN partners involved in services provision;
- Cooperate with interpreters where needed for the provision of social services;
- Closely cooperate with other team members, passing on crucial information and expressing the need of action clearly and concisely;
- Keep social register files and statistical records of the caseload and services’ provision;
- Manage individual protection cases, including those on SGBV and child protection, and be in-charge of drafting relevant case plans;
- Find proper solutions to individuals, who are at most risk or victims of violence;
- Set strategies and operational measures to effectively prevent SGBV;
- Conduct needs/gaps and capacity assessments on SGBV response needs;
- Perform social work duties and undertake procedures implementation when referral(s) to other services are required;
- Directly support and coach beneficiaries through the usage of simple communication and moral uplifting techniques;
- Regular and ad hoc reporting and data/case files keeping;
Required qualifications and skills
- University degree in Psychology or Social Scientists
- Experience within the civil society sector, preferably working with vulnerable groups and refugees/migrants;
- Professional experience in case management;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team;
- Ability to troubleshoot and ease potential tensions between the project’s beneficiaries;
- Ability to perform fact finding tasks and clearly articulate results in a fair and balanced way;
- Previous experience in street-work and/or a job entailing direct contact and exchange with vulnerable groups of beneficiaries is an asset;
- Fluency in Greek and English required;
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel, and Word business software;
- Experience in community mobilization;
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity;
- Strong team player and able to handle pressure well;
- Well organized and efficient, with ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate;
- Good report writing skills;
- Adhere to and promote GBV guiding principles.
- Driving licence
Interested candidates should submit in a single document their Resume/CV and a motivation letter in English to: email@example.com by July 23rd , 2021 mentioning in the email subject “Social Scientist_Oinofyta”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified. Interested candidates should submit their applications (CV and motivation letter) not later than by July 23rd , 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Remarks: Before submitting your CV, please read carefully the employees’ privacy notice on the processing of personal data pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and the respective Greek legislation.
For roles that will have regular contact with vulnerable populations SolidarityNow is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences, and selected candidates will be requested to provide a recent copy of criminal record.
Following the preventive measures against COVID-19, holding a vaccination certificate or undergoing Covid-19 antigen tests as per government directions is mandatory.