Job title: SN Interpreter – Διερμηνέας
Starting date: 1/6/2018
Status: Full time
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 3||The job holder will have regular contact with children|
- Mediate with beneficiaries during and after class
- Assist with education materials, facilitate classroom interactions and effectively collaborate with teachers
- Ensure accurate and precise information is passed to the beneficiaries in an understandable and culturally acceptable way
- Participate in field trips and assessments as requested and directed by the supervisor
- Brief and debrief beneficiaries for running programs availability and inform for any relevant change
- Contribute to the identification of vulnerabilities and facilitate access to available aid
- Accompany team members in occasional field visits/visits to houses of beneficiaries
Required qualifications and skills
- Fluent in Kurmanji and Greek or English
- Previous experience in relevant position, especially as Educational Interpreter
- Familiar with refugee and migration issues (asylum processes, relocation)
- Cross-cultural awareness and flexibility
- Computer literate
- Well-organised and efficient
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Experience in working with children and teenagers
- Field working experience in entry points, camps/temporary settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Proven engagement in refugee-focused projects (e.g. assessments, surveys, missions in islands or to the borders)
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, May 27th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN Interpreter, Education Program”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.