Job Title: SN/ASC Lawyer Team Leader – Eπικεφαλής Δικηγόρων
Status: Full Time (morning or evening shift)
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 1||The job holder does not have contact with children|
Position Summary: the leader of the ASC lawyers will lead the provision of legal counselling and case management for all walk in or referred beneficiaries, while identifying vulnerabilities to link eligible cases with support and aid available. The lawyers team leader will monitor attendance and performance of the lawyers as well as coordinate the team.
The lawyers team leader will facilitate the implementation of SN protection programme.
Position within the Organization:
Reports To: ASC Coordinator – Welfare Services
Legal Services Provision
Plan, Organize and Supervise the provision of legal consulting/aid
- Prioritize cases
- Identify cases for strategic litigation
- Ensure referrals internally and externally
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid
- Monitor attendance of other lawyers from the legal team and consolidate attendance sheets
Data base and Case related info management
- Filling and registering all cases and actions to the database
- Brief and Full Legal History intake
- Updating the hard and electronic files per case
- Maintain hard and electronic files archive updated
- Perform entries in the data base system as required by the aforementioned tasks
Networking and collaboration
Cultivate and maintain an active collaboration link with other Social Services-NGOs and Governmental Actors within the scope of the project
- Monitor and consolidate information collected from weekly and staff activity reports, case management, supervision records etc.
- Ensure the provision of high-quality reports on activities, indicators and achievements within the established framework (narrative and statistics) to the Solidarity Centre Welfare Coordinator
- Represent Team in external Meetings and Working Groups as requested by Supervisor
- Collaborate with appointed persons for cash Support, accommodation, in kind aid or any other additional provision available
- Collaborate with SN staff for the development of legal funding proposals and the development of strategic partnership and collaborations
- Work with mobile teams and other SN project teams to provide basic outreach information on legal rights to beneficiaries
- Perform other duties, related to the basic Job Description as requested by the Supervisor
Required qualifications and skills
- Legal Studies Degree
- Lawyers Permission of Work
- Minimum 7 years working experience in practicing Law (at least 2 years in projects related to vulnerable population)
- Familiar with Refugee and Migration Law (Asylum processes, Relocation –new Law, Dublin Procedures)
- Cross Cultural Awareness and sensitiveness
- Awareness and ability to work with survivors of Gender-based Violence and the sensitivities and confidentiality measures that this involves.
- High professional ethics, including strict confidentiality of clients
- Understanding and willingness to promote gender equality and understand different vulnerabilities, needs and capacities of men, women, boys and girls
- Computer literate & numerate
- Well organized and efficient
- Good interpersonal, teamworking & communications skills
- Native in Greek
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Good knowledge of criminal and/or family law
- Field Working Experience
- Specific Studies or Proven Engagement in Human Rights Projects
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs and /or supervising legal teams will be considered as a strong advantage
- Knowledge of French language
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, May 27th 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN/ASC Lawyer Team Leader”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Recruitment processes reflect SN’s commitment to keeping children safe from harm and abuse. Employment is subject to SN Child protection standards, including background checks and adherence to SN Child Safeguarding Policy.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process even before the deadline for CV submissions.