Position : SN Female-friendly Space Facilitator / GBV Case Manager
Status: Full Time
Location: Attica – Municipal Community Centre
Starting Date: ASAP
Child Safeguarding Policy
|Level 2||The job holder will have sporadic contact with children|
The Female-friendly Space Facilitator/GBV Case manager acts as the coordinator of the space for women and girls. She facilitates access and ensures overall smooth functioning of the space; she conducts tailored psychosocial activities, identifies protection needs and works with other team members in providing support (including counseling); she encourages the participation of women and girls in group and individual activities (including awareness-raising and skills-building sessions), so as to facilitate their overall integration and wellbeing in Greece.
Position within the Organization:
Reports to: Team Leader
- Maintains a comfortable and safe environment where women and girls can participate in psychosocial activities and receive appropriate support;
- Prepares and implements structured activities for women and girls (including schedules and timetables) through a participatory approach, tailored to their needs, skills and cultural diversities;
- Identifies protection and other support needs and refers them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers;
- In coordination with the team’s social scientists, assists in case management and provision of psychosocial support to vulnerable women and girls, particularly survivors of GBV (including provision of private counselling sessions);
- Carries out awareness raising sessions focusing on gender issues/GBV, Health/Hygiene, Nutrition, Livelihoods, Skills-building etc. Other group activities may include informal trainings, counselling, discussions, information-sharing etc;
- Carries out community mobilization around the FFS by disseminating clear messages on its role and objectives;
- Liaises with other service providers onsite and follows referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiary/ies;
- Keeps accurate attendance records and reports in a timely manner, following respective deadlines and procedures;
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, pending on setting.
Required qualifications and skills
- University Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities or Political Sciences;
- Due to the requirements of the position, female candidates are preferred;
- Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing activities for women and girls;
- Good understanding of human rights, Gender equality, Child Marriage, Sexual and Gender based Violence (SGBV) in regular and emergency situations;
- Experience in community mobilization;
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with women and girls of all ages, background and diversity;
- Strong team player, flexible and able to handle pressure well;
- Computer literate & numerate;
- Well organized and efficient;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- Good report writing skills;
- Adhere to and promote Child Protection and GBV guiding principles.
- Experience in case management procedures;
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through previous assignments (volunteer or paid) in women’s groups, or other relevant experience;
- Field Working Experience in Camps/Temporary Settlements of refugee/migrant population;
- Engagement in Refugee Focused Projects (e.g Assessments, Surveys, Missions to the borders etc).
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by Sunday, May 27th, 2018, mentioning in the email subject “SN_FFS Facilitator – GBV Case Manager”.
SN is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and from vulnerable and disadvantaged groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of recruitment, SN reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.